Passionate People | Building Communities | Creating Value
We are passionate about what we do. We develop amazing communities. We provide exceptional returns to our investors.
Maifly Development has extensive experience successfully developing multifamily and student housing apartment communities with a focus on delivering quality, sustainable projects.
Be Honest — Trust is the foundation of everything we do. We do what we say we are going to do.
Have Integrity — We treat people the way we want to be treated, consistently deliver results, and do what is right, every time.
Work Hard — Nothing can take the place of dedication and hard work. We are focused on the long term and know there are no shortcuts – the only way to achieve sustained success is through hard work and perseverance.
Be Passionate — We love what we do, plain and simple.
Maifly is an anagram of the word FAMILY. This is a family business. Family of co-workers, family of contractors, family of investors. We are all in this together, and only by working together will we be able to continue to deliver exceptional results.
Delivering Success from Concept to Completion
Since 2014, Maifly Development has been identifying and delivering unique market-rate and student housing apartment communities that provide superior results for our investors. Our nimble and flexible approach to structuring projects through direct ownership or strategic joint ventures has allowed us to maximize investor returns.
Ithaca, New York
- Boutique two-story townhome community abutting the Cornell University campus, nestled in a picturesque natural setting
University of Oregon
- Twelve-story high-rise student apartment community located across the street from the University of Oregon and overlooking the Willamette River
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina
- Four-story podium student housing community located within 1/2 mile of App State and within one mile of downtown Boone
Unniversity of Pittsburgh
- Ten-story high-rise student housing community located in the heart of the main thoroughfare to the University of Pittsburgh campus
- Five-story luxury market-rate apartment community designed around a central courtyard in one of Pittsburgh’s trendiest neighborhoods
- Four-story garden apartments around a central lake located in one of Orlando’s fastest growing sub markets
St. Petersburg, Florida
- Three-story urban infill luxury apartment community with central courtyard located off of main thorough fare connecting St. Pete and Tampa
Tampa Heights Apartments
- Six-story luxury apartment community and seven-story parking garage with roof top pool and amenity deck
- Four-story luxury market-rate apartment community designed around two central courtyards in one of Pittsburgh’s largest suburban office market
Matt is responsible for the overall success of Maifly Development, including identifying target markets, selecting sites, evaluating opportunities, sourcing capital, and managing development projects. Prior to founding the company, he managed the private equity and real estate investments for a multifamily office, with previous experience at Lehman Brothers and Barclays Capital. Matt earned his bachelor’s degree in marketing and international business from Kansas State University, his MBA with distinction from the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University, where he was a Fried Fellow, and his commercial real estate certificate from Cornell University.
Robert Durbin, leed ap
With his extensive experience in multi-family housing development, design and construction, Robert adds value to every phase of the development process. His experience includes working for one of the nations largest national apartment development firms that specializes in both luxury apartments and student housing, where he managed the budget and design on all projects from feasibility through construction. He has been responsible for the successful completion of a wide variety of projects totaling more than $1.0 billion in construction costs. Robert also has experience working for a general contractor, where he served in multiple roles in project management, estimating and pre-construction. Robert earned his bachelor’s degree in political science from Texas A&M University and his MBA from Texas A&M University – Central Texas.
615 Washington Rd, Suite 207
Pittsburgh, PA 15228